The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1766 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/08
Proof that 750 words is not always necessary to get a point across—and to do it well. Good work.
02/15/08
Very nicely done. This would be a great start to a book.
Very well done and in a sparse number of words. The reader's task to read between the lines made it as interesting as what was written.
02/16/08
So few words, yet so much emotion and content, and so true to life. An apology achieves so much more than a myriad of excuses. Well done.
02/17/08
Short with a powerful punch. Very well done!
Yes, it works! I think we've all been there, and the lack of detail (names, features, specific offence, etc.) makes this extremely relatable.
02/19/08
simply beautiful. Moving. Anointed.
More MORE! Thanks for showing us that breivity can work, but still, more please.
02/20/08
Simple, rich, beautiful.
02/20/08
Hey there, Maxx--not only do I think this story is excellent, I also featured it on my "Jan's Master Class" thread as an example of effective use of alliteration in prose. Now I'm curious...was it intentional?
Okay, Maxx, who are you ...really? I know you have to be some famous author using a penn name on FW! Your writing is so mature and it should win 1rst place every time!