The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 897 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/07
I liked the image you creeated at the end of this piece. Consider expanding it so readers have some more details about this person.
Sounds like the minister or whoever prepared you did a very good job. Not all of us are instructed properly so we understand the significance of the symbolixm. Good glimpse of what baptism symbolizes.
The conflict of the main character in wanting to stand still and yet knowing s/he had to go to the water was felt. Would like to one day read what brought the MC to this point. :)
This would make a nice devotional. I would like to see just a little more transition from the self doubt into the baptism. You expressed your thougths well. Nicely done.
Interesting -- it seems each one has a unique experience when they are baptised as a Christian. Keep writing
Like the sharing of baptism from this angle.
10/30/07
Your first 2 paragraphs were dynamite! I wanted to read more.
Well-spoken (written) with the heart of a new being in Christ. Simple, but oh so true!
Expansion would really make this piece stand out. Great job sharing your message, you sure got the topic pegged! Great writing!
This article was very engaging to me. It made me think back on my own baptism...i think we all think like that on the day, but I hadn't seen it in print that way. Very insightful...you stirred my memories to the surface, of this significant event in my life. Keep on writing...God is using you!