The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1678 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This cretive shory has great humor to describe how boldness evolves. Well done.
09/08/07
There is much to love in this - excellent word choice, delightful characterization, perfect dialog. Love the last line too.
Clever, entertaining, creatively done! You paint as vivid a picture of teenage mortification as I've ever read. I loved the humorous interaction between Lucy and the pug, interlaced with his anxious thoughts, with a perfect light touch at the end. Admirable craftsmanship!
What a hoot! Love all the humor, but especially this line, "For the first time in my life, I wish I were my dog."
What a fun read. I loved it, and the last line cracked me up. Thanks for this.
09/09/07
Aww, I'm so glad she said yes! This is a really sweet story, and so convincing from the poor boy's POV. I love his thinking and he's a smart character, too. Did some good planning to get his girl to go to the prom!
09/09/07
You HAVE to write about the date soon. I can't wait to see what he's like on his very first one :)
09/09/07
Loved this story. It hooked me, and I was happy for you and Polar. Great writing and fun story...
This is a "guy thing". I never had to ask for a date, but I think it's pretty well on target. Good job.
C
cute story. Congratulations on your first date :)
My favorite line, "Polar is twelve years old, so I carry her most of the way to the school and plop her on the ground for the last 20 feet." Having had my share of old dogs and ancient cats (At present I have a very ancient cat named Texas) this one really spoke to me. I loved your MC - his vulnerability, transparency - in all he is just a lovable character.
09/14/07
Cute! congrats on your EC win!