The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1079 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/12/07
This story broke my heart! I loved the ending, although it was perhaps a bit rushed--maybe a little less in the middle third could have left room for a more gradual coming to peace? Beautifully written and very real.
I could feel her pain... a well written important reminder.
07/13/07
Though I'm glad your main character was able to resolve her pain, I feel for her and anyone who endures bullying and humiliation. Nothing gets my dander up faster! Thanks for a sensitive story. It reminds me to turn it over to the Lord and keep on, even if faced with this type of rejection.
Terrific story for teens. I know many would relate to it. Hopefully your main character also knows that she deserves someone better than Jake for a friend.
A great hurt, a greater Lord. You expressed it well.
You connected emotionally with the reader who has experienced bullying in their own or their children's lives. When it happened in our family we didn't realize the depth of pain produced by bullying nor its impact on our child later in life. So glad you wrote this story for parents that they may be aware and help thier child with spiritual healing. God bless you~
07/17/07
Excellent portrayal of this girl's emotions. Very powerful.
Oh, this is heartbreaking. Thank God she knows God and He heals the brokenhearted. Great story. I was with you the entire way.