The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1640 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/07/07
Timmy's a dork...good story. To be sure even devout Christians can be dorks, but at age 16 he may make the transition from dork to cool. You understand the 12 year old mind set. Good job.
Really great! ^_^ The title's a keeper and so is the story.
06/08/07
Love the title ;) - and the last line. Your voice is right on. This certainly felt genuine and realistic.
A story well told with a little girl's voice in her diary. I liked the way the message was brought out and the note of humor at the end.
06/11/07
WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC and I LOVE IT!
06/11/07
I wouldn't re-visit my girls' preteen years for anything! It's such a horrid time of life, and you've captured all of it very well.
What a sweet way to share a testimony. Very nice.
This really does have a realistic voice of a 12 yr old girl. Very nicely done! God bless.Keep it up-I enjoyed ths alot.I think young christian and non christian girls would enjoy this.Janice
06/14/07
I heartily agree with all the above. The narrative can be such a powerful tool to communicate truth. Liked this a lot. It's so good, I won't even bother to comment about the typos, (which nobody does on mine.) ;)
06/14/07
This was really cute and realistic for a pre-teen girl. I love the ending, especially the PS.
This was great and I agree with everything everybody else has said.
Fabulous! You really got the voice of a 12-yo, I think. I was truly pulled into this, and got misty at the last entry even tho I expected it might be coming. The last line was perfect. And it stopped the tears. :)