The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1145 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What an amazingly tender story. All too quickly our agendas unfortunately fill up our lives and our time is spent less on the ones who matter. If this is from personal experience then what a beautiful treasure you have to hold in your heart, the moments you had with your grandmother and the gift of reading the Word she passed on to you. How marvelous. Loved it!
02/01/07
BEAUTIFUL! Makes me miss my grandmother. She's been gone for 16 years now. Great job!
What a shame that so many people seem to become redundant in their old age. We would all do well to remember that we too will be old one day. What a blessing that God led you to have those special times with your grandmother before she died. Thank you for this reminder of our own human frailty.
02/03/07
This is great writing, a very nice story.
02/03/07
When we are young we think we have all the time we need. Every person who reads your beautiful story will remember when time ran out for them. Keep writing from the heart as you did here.
Dito to all above. I especially like the passage "living all of a sudden got in the way of life". A whole book could be written with that.
02/06/07
Oh, I really enjoyed reading this. There are a few minor problems with comma usage. Over all, a great read. I loved the story's message.
02/06/07
This is so lovely and touching. You write very well, and I loved this realistic tale. Thanks so much for sharing this
Very nice! This is one of my favorites. Great job!
02/07/07
What a good reminder! I loved the picture of Grandma listening to the Word being read. Well written and enjoyable, with a lesson.
02/08/07
Very nice. Touching. Well written. God bless.