The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1430 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/25/06
This story was written so well that this reader felt the pressure along with the writer. I'm sure my blood pressure went up with all the "what will go wrong, went wrong" syndrome. Nicely done..and enjoyed the read.
As a mother, I can certainly relate to this. This flowed smoothly and was well written. Thanks for sharing it.
11/28/06
Ha! Very good. Even as a father and grandfather I've been here. Excellent job, good flow. Kept me right with you till the end. God bless.
11/28/06
This was absolutely wonderfully and delightfully written! I could picture every part of the story, and could unfortunately relate to it as well. Thanks for doing such a good job on this piece.
11/28/06
Were you at my house this morning? :-)

Thanks for a story I could relate to! I really like the title. (It's a cute play on words.)
11/28/06
A joy to read, this article is. I related to its cleverly written style, the imagery you conjured up and the touch of humour in a non-humorous situation. Well done.
11/28/06
Oooh, I need a Joy in my life. Great voice, I'm a big fan of "wry." I loved this!
11/28/06
Yes, this was great! I loved the lack of towel episode! Made me laugh! My only suggestion was that the ending conversation with Joy would have been more powerful if it had been done as an actual conversation. Other then that, I loved it! Joy comes this morning! Ha!
11/29/06
So real! I love the wit in this piece, and, of course, the maid's name. Perfect!
Great job! It was hard to keep from shivering after reading about the scanty towel situation - ha! Blessings, Cheri
11/30/06
An easy-to-believe peek into a day in the life of a busy mom. Just one question. Does "Joy" have a free day to come and clean my house?
I enjoyed reading this very much. Thanks for sharing it.