The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1677 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/02/06
I like how you tied your title in at the end. It's hard to make such a well known Bible story come alive. It'll be interesting the ask the Lord some day what exactly He did write in the dust.
11/05/06
Never tire of hearing bible stories; and this one was no exception. You made it come alive...and I loved the "dust in the wind" suggestion of what Jesus was writing. Very well done...kudos.
11/06/06
This is so beautifully written--I love the added details like the hefting of the rocks into the air--I wish you'd done more of that! It really made the story freshly meaningful. Love the last paragraph.
11/07/06
ALSO love the ending of this - great job retelling this so-well-known story with a freshness that makes it not so well-known!
11/07/06
A very nice fresh look at a familiar story. Great ending! Thanks so much for sharing this.
This was very inspiring, and a great job writing this. Loved the end best of all :)
I enjoyed reading this familiar story from this persepctive, especially in light of a heated debate regarding the passage that's going on in another of my forums. I agree with Jan, I'd like to see more added details, especially as the story came to a close. The ones "hefting the stones" added flesh. Also loved what Jesus was writing in the dust!
11/09/06
Ditto Catrina's comments and Jan's. You've packed a lot into this. An engaging read. Yeggy