FaithWriters.com news and information for the write-brained Christian!
"He spreads snow like a white fleece, he scatters frost like ashes, He broadcasts hail like birdseed— who can survive his winter? Then he gives the command and it all melts; he breathes on winter—suddenly it's spring!" – Psalm 147:17, 18 (MSSG)
Many parts of the world are experiencing spring. Well… trying, anyway. Winter seems intent on hanging on! We're still waiting for the buds to appear and the warmer temperatures to arrive. But isn't God awesome? Each of the four seasons holds its own beauty and majesty (just remember that as you're shoveling your driveway for the forty-eighth time!)
At the end of this newsletter, be sure to check out what some of our FaithWriters members have to say about their favorite season.
IMPORTANT CONFERENCE UPDATE
It is with great regret that we announce the FaithWriters conference in Nashville has been cancelled. Because of so much initial excitement, we had high hopes for a great turnout. But the number of registrations we received by the first of March was nowhere near what we needed to proceed with our plans. We are sincerely sorry we had to resort to a full cancellation but, after much thought and prayer, felt we had no other choice. For the few who did send in their registrations – thank you! Your checks will be returned to you very soon.
God willing, we hope to schedule another conference in 2009, which will in all likelihood be held again in Detroit, Michigan. Stay tuned for further details.
The FAITHWRITERS DOWN UNDER Conference is still a "GO!" The conference will be held on May 24 and includes lunch and morning and afternoon tea. Look forward to a time of learning, fellowship and encouragement from fellow Christian writers. You won't want to miss it! Click here to register and get full conference details. http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php
Have you gotten connected yet? The FaithWriters message boards are a wonderful way to connect with other writers just like you. The boards are also the perfect way to gain information about everything going on at FaithWriters.com. Here are just a few of the many active forums:
• Announcements – if there is any breaking news on FaithWriters.com, here is where you'll find it. http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=32
• Newbie Nook – Introduce yourself! If there's one thing FaithWriters members are good at (besides writing) it's making new members feel welcome! http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3
• Cheering Section – Have you gotten something published recently? Finally finished that novel? Won a contest? Share your writing joys and accomplishments here: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=5
• The Water Cooler - Chat about whatever is on your mind! http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
• Prayer Requests – There are many prayer warriors at FaithWriters who would love to life up a prayer on behalf of you or a loved one. http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6
• FaithWriters 500 – There are 13 forums specifically geared toward the FaithWriters 500 and the perks that come along with your membership. Join in the general discussion here: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=40
• The Writing Challenge – One of the most active areas, there are six forums dedicated to the various aspects of The Challenge, including general topic discussion, hinting, and weekly results and rankings, where you can see who placed in the latest Challenges, the top ten in each level, as well as the names of the weekly top forty overall entries. Join the general discussion here: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=22
• Genres – Join discussions in forums for Fiction, Cookbooks, Non-Fiction, Poetry and more!
• Freelance Opportunities – Members regularly share great freelance opportunities they've come across. http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=25
• Neighbor to Neighbor – Find other writers in your neck of the woods!
• FAQ – Get the answers you're looking for in our Frequently Asked Questions forum: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=35
• Suggestions – Do you have a suggestion for FaithWriters.com regarding the site or a specific feature you'd like to see? Post it here: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=29
• And LOTS MORE…..
If you haven't yet registered, what are you waiting for? We'd love to meet you! Click here to get connected: http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/new-boards.php
FAITHWRITERS 500 PERK
One of the favorite features of the FaithWriters 500 is the Weekly Writing Article. Every Monday, a new article is posted exclusively for 500 members. Glenn Hascall, a professional freelance writer with years of experience and wisdom, answers member questions on topics such as, "The Benefits of Rejection," "A Writer who Markets their Writing," "When am I Good Enough to Publish?" and dozens more. Whether you write fiction, non-fiction or poetry, write full-time, part-time, or only for the FaithWriters Writing Challenge, these articles will encourage you, teach you and motivate you in your writing.
For more information on becoming a FaithWriters 500 member and gaining access to these exclusive articles, as well as all of the other wonderful perks and benefits that come along with the 500 membership, click here: http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/donations-from-members.php
OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF FAITHWRITERS:
In keeping with the theme of changing seasons, the following question was posed to FaithWriters members:
What is your favorite season, and why?
Here's what some members had to say:
"Winter. The land hibernates and prepares itself for a new season. I can hibernate too, and soak up God's word in preparation for the busier, more out-there season. (Bearing in mind, of course, that summer equals long holidays, Christmas, etc etc - winter is definitely a slower pace than summer in the Southern Hemisphere.)" – Christine Miles
"Summer. It's the only payoff we get from those long, long Oregon rainy months.
Okay, that and everything being green and all.
Give it to me. Hot. Blistering. Heat waves. Yeah, baby. You'll never hear me complain about the sun & heat!" – David Ian
"Fall/Autumn. It feels so bittersweet with things dying. With the changing leaves comes other changes that lead new adventures. It makes me want to renew promises and spend more 'girl talk' with God." – Sara Harricharan
"To me, Spring is God's creation personified. After a long winter hibernation, nothing makes me happier than the sight of daffodils pushing their way up through the soil, nests with new little dwellers and my children romping barefoot through cool, green grass." – Mandy White
And that wraps up the April newsletter! This spring, may you experience new growth – in your writing, in your relationships and in your walk with God.
Thanks for helping to make FaithWriters.com THE HOME for Christian writers. Keep writing for the Kingdom!