Short Generic Contest Start Video
BLOGGING CONTEST OVERVIEW
Note: If you are not logged in as a member some links will not open properly.
What is a blogging contest?
A blogging contest is a contest where articles are written and posted in a place where people can find them. If you are not familiar with blogging, don't
let the term scare you. Further information about posting articles is below.
Here is how it works
We promote our program to Biblically based websites and ministries who have a need for Christian content. We offer to review and promote their website for
free through your articles posted in blogs and other places. These articles include a URL (website address) link to the site being reviewed and naturally
built contextual backlinks. Backlinks are simply links to one website from another site, blog, article, etc. The more backlinks a site has the easier it is
for the search engines to find them. Manually constructed backlinks from different sources containing varied content are much more valuable for a site than
backlinks built through automation.
These contests provide the sponsoring ministry with 150 or more posted articles promoting their ministry. With two to three links in each article, this translates into hundreds of manually built contextual links pointing towards their website.
We offer this free service to approved sites. In exchange they agree to hire the winners of the contest for paid writing assignments they need for their site and ministry.
Watch a 59 second video HERE from an SEO (Search Engine Optimized) company
telling us about the value of manually created contextual links.
Your job as a writer
1. Review the site we are promoting and any information about the ministry we send your way.
2. Write a short article, review or story describing the ministry. We are usually looking for eye-catching titles with content that holds the reader's
3. Use three to five keywords/keyword phrases from the list provided and build your article around them.
4. With each contest we will provide you with contextual links for the keywords that the ministry wants to see promoted. Using contextual links, you will
link these keywords to the website you are reviewing. Your article should be designed to get the reader to click on one or more of the links to learn more
about the ministry and support it.
5. Post your article in two or more places (specifics below).
6. Post your article in the forum for that specific contest.
7. For your forum post, you must include the following information at the bottom of your article:
a. The other two URLís where you posted your article
b. Your name
c. Member number - Find Member number 1 MINUTE VIDEO
d. What type of membership you hold (Silver, Gold or Platinum)
Post your article in these three places or more if desired
1. FaithWriters regular articles HERE.
Here is a 5 MINUTE VIDEO explaining exactly how to create links in our regular articles.
2. An existing blog or website of your own, a friendís, or a new blog site that you create. Google Blogger is very easy to set up and use. You can also post on Facebook or another social media outlet. Here is a 5 MINUTE VIDEO on exactly how to set up the links in Google Blogger.
3. Last you will post the article in the FaithWriters forum for that specific contest HERE. Since we have had several people struggle with linking their article in
the forum where the articles are judged, we are relaxing the requirement that
the links must work in that forum. If you cannot link it in the forum in place of the live link, just insert the keyword that goes there. If you can link
in the forum continue to do so, it is preferred. Here is a 5 MINUTE VIDEO on exactly how to create links in an article on our forums.
The website/ministry that sponsors each specific contest will then judge the entries
While FaithWriters may narrow down the entries, the sponsoring ministry will choose the winner of the paid writing assignments. Clients will want the
articles properly written (spelling, grammar, etc.), however, they will place a lot of weight on how your article presents their ministry. A very important
point to consider is - Would someone click on the link to go to their site after reading your article? Content is very important. Be creative and unique.
All members are welcome to enter
You must be a member of FaithWriters to enter our contests. You can sign up as a free member or upgrade HERE. You will also need to register separately in our forums HERE.
Any member can enter these contests but the ability to win the paid writing assignments is restricted to Gold or Platinum members
. Silver members will be judged separately. If a Silver member is determined to be the overall best submission they will receive a one-year paid Gold
membership. The paid writing assignment that they would have won (if they were an upgraded member) will be given to the highest ranking upgraded member.
Any Silver member who does win will be able to win writing assignments in future contests under their newly upgraded membership.
Benefits to FaithWriters members
1. Promote Biblically based websites, books and ministries which promote Jesus and the saving of lives for all eternity.
2. Hone your writing skills in a competition. Write to topic, word count and deadline.
3. Showcase your writing. First Place Winner will be posted on 100 Christian Blogs.
4. Chance to win a paid writing assignment and earn more work from the sponsoring ministry. Usually $150 in assignments for the winner paid at .10 per
word, one writing assignment for $75 for second place, $25 for third.
5. Build Treasure in Heaven. Matt 6:19
6. Read what one of our previous contest winners has to say in her paid writing assignment, God Can Use Little Ol' You
7. The Winning Entry of Our Blog Contest is Now Posted on 100 Christian Blogs
Courtesy of Christian Book Marketing
Real world writing experience
The weekly Writing Challenge and other areas of the site prepare you to write for outside publications. This contest puts your writing in front of
ministries and real live decision makers who need writers.
Not interested in the prize?
Please still write an article for Christ. If you win you can pass it on to the next in line.
Suggest a site or a ministry
Feel free to suggest any site or ministry you think might be interested in this program to writer support.
Have a question about a current contest?
Go HERE and ask it. Or look there for the answer in the older
Want a better idea of what we are looking for in articles?
Take a look at any of the older contests in the blogging contest forums. The first three articles in each are the winners.
Like to enter a contest?
Below is a list of our contests with the most current contest being on the top. To see if the top one is still active just click on it and look for the
deadline. Specific instructions and keywords are given with each contest.
Rules can be altered or modified at the discretion of the owners of FaithWriters.
EQUIPPED TO DEFEND
One Hundred Percent
Where is the line to see Jesus?
A GIFT AND THE GOSPEL
Dying for Water
Pocket Testament League
Invitation to Accept Jesus