Eight Ground Rules for Achieving Your Dreams
by Megan DiMaria
Do you have a dream? A goal?
Is there a desire that has burned in your heart for years?
Or has a new vision popped into your mind?
Don’t wait until you accomplish your goal to be proud of yourself.
1. Know that creativity is a process, not a product.
2. Get started. Don’t quit.
3. Recall the delight you experienced in claiming that big dream.
4. Be brave. Pursue your dream despite the fear you may fail.
5. Understand that failure doesn’t mean it’s the end. It means try again, harder!
6. Establish discipline:
- Be clear about your vision.
- Be clear about what’s at stake.
7. Be Content:
- Contentment is being thankful for what you have.
- Contentment must be learned, and you can learn it.
8. The success is in the obedience.
I wish you all the success in the world, but mostly I wish you joy in your journey because at least one person will be impacted by your diligence: YOU!
Megan DiMaria is an author and speaker who enjoys cheering on other writers. One of her speaking presentations is an in-depth study designed to encourage, refresh, and minister to writers as they pursue the journey of publication. She’d love to join to your next writer’s retreat and share the (hard-earned!) wisdom and encouragement she’s accumulated on her own writing journey.
Megan is an active member of several writers groups and is the author of two women’s fiction novels, Searching for Spice and Out of Her Hands. Visit Megan online at her blog at http://www.megandimaria.blogspot.com/