Do you havet a half-written manuscript gathering dust in the bottom of your dresser? Have you had an idea for a desperately needed non-fiction book brewing in the back of your mind for years? This year just might be the year to do something with it – and FaithWriters has the motivator for you!
Yes, the eighth annual Page Turner writing contest (sponsored by FaithWriters.com, Finesse Writing and Editing Service, and Breath of Fresh Air Press) is now open, and this year, it’s for non-fiction. All you need to do is write the first chapter, together with a basic book proposal/overview of the planned book, and then submit it. And you have until the end of October to do it.
If you are a member of the FaithWriters Platinum 500 , you are invited to enter this very special contest created just for you. If you are not yet a Platinum member (click here to upgrade), this is the perfect reason to upgrade your membership.
The deadline to enter is October 31, 2014, so you have plenty of time – but don’t delay too long!
Why enter, you ask? Not only is this FaithWriters’ premiere contest, but the prizes are quite impressive.
One entry will be chosen as the FaithWriters Page Turner Champion for the year, with the author receiving:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $800;
2. Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 double spaced pages);
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication;
4. A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
5. Consideration for publication of winning manuscript by new Christian publisher, Breath of Fresh Air Press (publisher of the new line of Mixed Blessings books).
6. Free conference registration for the 2015 US FaithWriters Conference (see terms and conditions).
Two runners-up will also receive FaithWriters Page Turner Highly Commended award plaques and the offer of half price editing for their manuscript. They will also receive free registration for the 2015 US FaithWriters Conference (see terms and conditions).
Are you planning to enter this year?