Can you believe it’s already the middle of September? That means fall is upon us (in the Western Hemisphere, anyway), Christmas can’t be far behind – and it’s almost time for the deadline for FaithWriters’ biggest annual contest. Yes, you have less than six weeks to polish up the first chapter and synopsis of your novel in progress and submit it to the Seventh Annual FaithWriters Page Turner Writing Contest. Don’t delay – entries will not be accepted after October 31, 2013.
Entering the Page Turner (Christian fiction this year) is free to FaithWriter Platinum members (click here to learn about upgrading to Platinum membership). All you need is the first chapter of your manuscript, plus a synopsis/overview of the entire novel. Once they’re as good as you can get them, submit your entry – because the prizes are fabulous:
The winning entry/Page Turner champion will receive:
- *A fabulous cash prize of $800;
- *Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 pages);
- *Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication;
- *A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
- *Consideration for publication of winning manuscript by new Christian publisher, Breath of Fresh Air Press (publisher of the new line of Mixed Blessings books).
- *Free conference registration for either the 2014 US FaithWriters Conference or 2014 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Two runners-up will also receive FaithWriters Page Turner Highly Commended award plaques and the offer of half price editing for their manuscript. They will also receive free registration for either the 2014 US FaithWriters Conference or 2014 FaithWriters Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
And even if you don’t win, brief feedback, based on the judges’ notes, will be available to entrants after the contest is concluded. However, this feedback will only be provided at the entrant’s request, which should be noted in the synopsis.
JUST 41 DAYS TO GO! ARE YOU READY TO ENTER?