If you’ve got a half-written manuscript gathering dust in the bottom of your wardrobe, or have a first draft after participating in NaNoWriMo, or have had an idea for a novel brewing in the back of your mind for years, FaithWriters has a contest that may be just the spur you need to get writing and polishing.
The Seventh Annual Page Turner contest, sponsored by Faithwriters.com, Finesse Writing and Editing Service, and Breath of Fresh Air Press, is just the opportunity Christian novelists need. And you don’t need a finished manuscript – all you need to submit is your first chapter, plus a synopsis/overview of the planned book. And even that doesn’t have to be done now – the deadline is October 31, so you have plenty of time.
For 2013, your book must be fiction and, as always, must reflect a Christian worldview. Only Platinum members can enter (click here for information on becoming and Platinum member) – but the prizes are most definitely worth it if you win!
One entry will be chosen as the FaithWriters Page Turner Champion for the year, with the author receiving:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $800;
2. Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 pages);
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication;
4. A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
5. Consideration for publication of winning manuscript by new Christian publisher, Breath of Fresh Air Press (publisher of the new line of Mixed Blessings books).
6. Free conference registration for either the 2014 US FaithWriters Conference or 2014 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Two runners-up will also receive FaithWriters Page Turner Highly Commended award plaques and the offer of half price editing for their manuscript. They will also receive free registration for either the 2014 US FaithWriters Conference or 2014 FaithWriters Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Brief feedback, based on the judges’ notes, will be available to entrants after the contest is concluded. However, this feedback will only be provided at the entrant’s request, which should be noted in the synopsis.
So, a great idea all around. For more information, platinum members can follow this link.
So, get busy on that manuscript!