That’s right – the deadline to enter the first chapter of your nonfiction work to FaithWriters’ premiere first chapter contest is exactly fourteen days from today! But that doesn’t mean it’s too late to finish, or even start!
So, if you’ve got a half-written manuscript gathering dust in the bottom of your wardrobe, or have had an idea for a non-fiction book brewing in the back of your mind for years, this contest is just the spur you need to get writing and polishing. And all you need to have finished by October 31 is ONE chapter, and a synopsis/overview of the entire book.
Why enter you ask? Check out the prizes:
One entry will be chosen as the FaithWriters’ Page Turner Champion for the year, with the author receiving:
- A fabulous cash prize of $800;
- Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 pages);
- Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication;
- A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
- Consideration for publication of winning manuscript by new Christian publisher, Breath of Fresh Air Press (publisher of the new line of FaithWriters’ books).
- 6. Free conference registration for either the 2013 US FaithWriters’ Conference or 2013 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Two runners-up will also receive FaithWriters’ Page Turner Highly Commended award plaques and the offer of half price editing for their winning manuscripts. They will also receive free registration for either the 2013 US FaithWriters’ Conference or 2013 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
And there is NO CHARGE to enter, though you must be a FaithWriters Platinum 500 member to enter (Click here for details on platinum membership).
So get that entry in – deadline is October 31 – and winners will be announced December 31.