Do you have a half-written NON-FICTION manuscript gathering dust in the bottom of your wardrobe? Have you had an idea for a NON-FICTION book brewing in the back of your mind for years? FaithWriters has contest that just may be the spur you need to get writing and polishing–but you only have until OCTOBER 31 – that’s only 30 days away!
All you need to do is write the first chapter, together with a synopsis/overview of the planned NON-FICTION book, and then submit it for the 2012 Page Turner Writing Contest.
You must be a Platinum member to enter the Page Turner – but otherwise, there is no entry fee. If you would like to learn more about becoming a Platinum 500 member, you can do so HERE.
And the prizes? Check it out:
One entry will be chosen as the FaithWriters’ Page Turner Champion for the year, with the author receiving:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $800;
2. Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 pages);
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication;
4. A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
5. Consideration for publication of winning manuscript by new Christian publisher, Breath of Fresh Air Press (publisher of the new line of FaithWriters’ books).
6. Free conference registration for either the 2013 US FaithWriters’ Conference or 2013 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Two runners-up will also receive FaithWriters’ Page Turner Highly Commended award plaques and the offer of half price editing for their winning manuscripts. They will also receive free registration for either the 2013 US FaithWriters’ Conference or 2013 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Winners will be announced December 31, 2012.
The next NON-FICTION Page Turner won’t come around again until 2014 (next year is fiction), so don’t delay!
Curious how many have entered so far or have questions? Check out the Page Turner Forums on the FaithWriters boards.