Are you working on a nonfiction book? Interested in entering part of it for a fabulous prize?
If you are a Platinum 500 member, it’s time to get that first chapter and synopsis ready for this year’s Page Turner contest. If you’re a Platinum member, click here to find out all the details, and submit your application. (Non-Platinum members who would like to know more, you can find out here )Want to become a Platinum member? Click here to become one.
This is the biggest contest we hold each year, so if you are working on a nonfiction book, or even have an idea for one in mind, this contest is for you.
The contest, sponsored by FaithWriters.com, Finesse Writing and Editing Service, and Breath of Fresh Air Press, is in its sixth year. (I was a runner-up a few years ago, by the way. It’s a wonderful contest, by the way) All you need to do is enter your first chapter and a synopsis of the rest of the nonfiction book.
Why enter, you ask? How about the prizes?
One entry will be chosen as the FaithWriters’ Page Turner Champion for the year, with the author receiving:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $800;
2. Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 pages);
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication;
4. A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
5. Consideration for publication of winning manuscript by new Christian publisher, Breath of Fresh Air Press (publisher of the new line of FaithWriters’ books, available mid-2012).
6. Free conference registration for either the 2013 US FaithWriters’ Conference or 2013 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Two runners-up will also receive FaithWriters’ Page Turner Highly Commended award plaques (mine is GORGEOUS by the way!) and the offer of half price editing for their winning manuscripts. They will also receive free registration for either the 2013 US FaithWriters’ Conference or 2013 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Entries will close on October 31, 2012. The winner will be announced on December 31, 2012. Click on the links above for more information – and get busy!
Are you planning to enter? It’s a great opportunity!