The Page Turner Contest is officially ON! If you’re a FaithWriters Platinum 500 member, this is your contest! As you’ll see in the guidelines below, it comes with an enormous prize package, including a wad of cold, hard cash (well…cold, hard PayPal deposit).
This year, the focus is on FICTION. So if you’ve got a half-written manuscript gathering dust in the bottom of your wardrobe, or have a first draft after participating in NaNoWriMo, or have had an idea for a novel brewing in the back of your mind for years, this contest is just the spur you need to get writing and polishing–and we’ll even give you to the end of October to do it.
All you need to do is write the first chapter, together with a synopsis/overview of the planned book, and then submit it for the 2011 Page Turner Writing Contest.
One entry will be chosen as the FaithWriters’ Page Turner Champion for the year, with the author receiving:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $800;
2. Free editing of their manuscript (up to 300 pages);
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication;
4. A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
5. Consideration for publication of winning manuscript by new Christian publisher, Breath of Fresh Air Press (publisher of the new line of FaithWriters’ books, available mid-2011).
6. Free conference registration for either the 2012 US FaithWriters’ Conference or 2012 FaithWriters’ Down Under Conference (see terms and conditions).
Two runners-up will also receive FaithWriters’ Page Turner Highly Commended award plaques and the offer of half price editing for their winning manuscripts.
If you are already a Platinum 500 member, you can find out more about this year’s Page Turner contest HERE:
If you would like to learn more about becoming a Platinum 500 member, you can do so HERE:
If you have any questions regarding the FaithWriters’ Page Turner contest, or to confirm that your entry has been received, please contact Deb Porter via the contact page at Finesse Writing and Editing Service:
The 2010 Page Turner Winners were announced on the 1st December, and you can view the winners HERE: