OK, peeps, the conference is less than two months away. It’s time to make a decision. Will you be there?
I honestly hope that each and every one of you says YES to this question. Not only would I love, love, love to meet you in person, but I truly believe you will benefit from this conference in an amazing way. There are so many reasons to attend the FaithWriters conference. Here are five:
1. Encouragement. If you’re a writer, then you’ve faced discouragement. Maybe more than any other profession, writers face rejection, disappointment, and discouragement. At the FaithWriters conference, you’ll be more encouraged than you’ve ever been before. Whether a writing-related pat on the back or a heart-felt word prompting you to achieve your God-given purpose, a little encouragement goes a long, long way.
2. Motivation. Need a slight push down the writing path? Maybe you’ve experience writer’s block or aren’t feeling inspired to put the energy into taking your writing to the next level. Well, I dare say that one hour at the FaithWriters conference will provide just the motivation you’ve been lacking. Before you know it, you’ll be back on track and raring to write again.
3. Knowledge. This conference is so jam-packed with fabulous teaching that it will be impossible to leave the way you came. In fact, bring a fat notebook because you’re going to need it to contain all the wisdom gleaned from the dynamic speakers. You’ll learn about genres, writing humor, how to get an agent, overcoming obstacles, how to submit your work for publication, self-publishing, designing your blog, the nuts and bolts of writing, and much more that will help take your writing to new levels!
4. Connection. Ever feel like no one “gets” you? Well, you’ll never feel more understood than when you’re in a room full of other writers. Here, you’ll be free to express yourself, “talk shop,” and be the creative person God made you to be without getting strange looks and odd eyebrow raises. You’ll be in the midst of like-minded people who will totally “get you!” I guarantee you’ll go home with several more friends than you had before.
5. Spiritual Refreshing. The only thing better than a writer’s conference is a Christian writer’s conference. There’s nothing like being “on the same page” with others who share the same faith and beliefs. Others who will pray for you and with you and are striving towards the same ultimate goal: to write words that glorify the Father and further His Kingdom.
For those of you who have attended either (or both) of the previous FaithWriters conferences, chime in with your thoughts. Can’t wait to see you all there!!