Have you ever wondered if you’re a real writer? Well, here’s how you can tell. Read the following statements, then use the guide at the bottom to determine whether you can officially call yourself a Writer.
- You would rather talk to the voices in your head than the person sitting by you.
- You know the library’s phone number, but not your work number.
- Some of the letters on your keyboard are completely worn off.
- You have a favorite pen that no one else can touch.
- Books are your favorite scent.
- If you could meet anyone in the world, it would be your favorite author.
- You eat macaroni and cheese for a week because you spent all your money at the bookstore.
- Your/you’re errors drive you crazy.
- You named your laptop.
- You would rather write than go out.
Count the number of times you answered YES.
Two or less - Nope. Call yourself anything but “Writer.”
Three to seven - You are on your way to becoming a real writer.
Eight to Ten – WOOT! Congratulations! YOU are a full-fledged, official writer!
What other ways can you tell you’re really a writer?