Sandy Hook Elementary Proves God Does Not Exist
When I first saw this on the news, I could not believe it or at least I did not want to believe it. The impact of this tragedy is magnified greatly when I consider the innocent victims, mostly in kindergarten. I cannot imagine why anyone would do such a thing. Unless evil really does exist.
On one of the news articles posted on the internet there were already over 47,000 comments in a short period of time. Many were the complete opposite of others. I noticed that there were some who said the only thing we can do is trust God. While there were others, who in essence said that this tragedy again proves that God does not exist.
- There is evil in the world.
- If God existed and God was all powerful, he would stop the evil in the world.
- Therefore God does not exist.
But does it?
- Without Gods existence there would be no objective morality, no higher standard than man. Everything would simply be one opinion versus another. If you think what happened here or in 9-11 was wrong, that would simply be your opinion. However If objective morality exists, which we all know it does in a situation like this. This was really wrong even if some think it was not. Therefore God must exist. God’s very nature is that standard of morality that makes us cry out for justice.
- Without Gods existence there is no chance for ultimate justice. The quick death of the individual responsible is not justice. This runs contrary to the fact that every fiber in our being cry’s out for justice for these children and adults. For our sense of right and wrong and of the need for justice to mean anything and not simply be an illusion. There must be life after death. There must be a judgment. There must be a perfect and just judge who knows all. This judge must have the power to carry out any judgement he makes.
- If God does not exist there is no hope. We are random chemicals brought together by accident with no purpose destined to die and become worm food. Todays tragedy has no meaning but we know that is not true.
But if God exists why doesn’t he stop the evil?
Where do you want God to stop evil? The murder level, the rape level, the stealing level, the lying level or the thought level? The truth is to stop evil God would need to stop the evil at its source. The source of evil is our own free will. This would mean stopping us too. However if God stopped our free will he would also be taking away our ability to love. God values love most of all. God’s very nature is love. God knew that mans free will would be the cause of the unjust crucifixion of Jesus. Yet he allowed free will so love would be possible. God is responsible for the fact of freedom. We are responsible for our acts of freedom. God will stop evil but in his time not ours.
The only way for your inward sense of hope and justice to mean anything, especially in a situation like this is if God does exist. Your sense of outrage at this situation is proof positive that God does exist. Do you want to be 100 percent sure of what God does not approve of? Listen to your conscience, whatever breaks your heart broke Gods first.
Listen to your sense of right and wrong. This was really wrong and you know that because God has written it on your heart. Turn to God and place your faith and trust in Jesus. Things will be getting worse before they get better.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR,
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
AS A MEMBER OR
Read more articles by Michael Edwards or search for other articles by topic below.
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through
Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.