In the Book of Revelation, Chapter 1, Verse 3, there is an extremely important scripture from the Word of God that pertains to postmodern America. It reads, “Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.” But, why is this scripture so extremely important to postmodern America? First, it is important to postmodern America because it promises a blessing to any person who reads the Book of Revelation and believes the godly premise that it purports about end time prophecy. Second, the scripture stresses that now is the time to be concerned about the message of Revelation, as emphasized the last six words of the scripture, “for the time is at hand.” Of course, no one knows when the end times will officially begin, just as no one knows when the Rapture of Jesus Christ’s Church will take place. However, there are many signs in postmodern America that some type of end times scenario has already begun, specifically the demise of America as a constitutional republic with a capitalistic economic system.
Ultimately, what evidence is there that postmodern America’s government and economic system is on the verge of a chaotic destruction? Unfortunately, though, there is too much evidence that America is on the verge of being destroyed from within by the very leaders who were elected or appointed to their offices to defend the U.S. Constitution and to protect America’s citizens from foreign invasions. But, in fact, America’s elected and appointed leaders are betraying the electorate, just like Judas betrayed the Lord Jesus Christ. But, why would they betray the nation that they took an oath to defend? Simply-speaking, they are uniting themselves to lead America into the new era of a one world government and a one world religion, which would require all people in the world to subjugate themselves to the dictatorial leader of the future. Of course, eventually, as the Bible so aptly depicts, the dictatorial leader will be the AntiChrist, whose spirit already lives and reigns in postmodern America. This is the reason that America’s leaders are attempting to take as many constitutional freedoms and rights away from the American people, regardless of the political party.
However, what evidence is there to prove that America’s elected and appointed leaders are working behind closed doors to prepare America to become a member of the new world order? In actuality, there is too much evidence to prove the betrayal of America’s leaders toward the very people that they were elected or appointed to represent. As a result, there are twelve attempts by the federal government to turn America into a socialistic nation. The first seven are as follows:
1. International Law: Too many judges are basing their decisions on international laws, instead of the United States Constitution. In fact, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg used foreign laws in a 2005 Supreme Court case. According to Duncan Hollis in his August 2010 Opinio Juris article entitled “Justice Ginsburg on Using Foreign and International Law in Constitutional Adjudication,” Justice Ginsburg, a liberal Democrat appointed by Bill Clinton, strongly favored the use of foreign and international law to interpret U.S. law, including the Constitution. Justice Ginsburg stated,
Judges in the United States, after all, are free to consult all manner of commentary — Restatements, Treatises, what law professors or even law students write copiously in law reviews, and, in the internet age, any number of legal blogs. If we can consult those sources, why not the analysis of a question similar to the one we confront contained, for example, in an opinion of the Supreme Court of Canada, the Constitutional Court of South Africa, the German Constitutional Court, or the European Court of Human Rights?
As is obvious, Justice Ginsburg does not put much importance in the United States Constitution. In fact, recently, she told Egypt not to use the U.S. Constitution, which she swore to defend, as a model. Needless to say, America is destined to fall if it continues to appoint such people to the Supreme Court. Therefore, the Book of Revelation was correct when it stated, “for the time is at hand.”
2. Judicial Activism: According to the United States Constitution, the Supreme Court’s main duty, as a result of Marbury v. Madison (1803), is to decide if laws are constitutional or not. The Constitution did not give the Supreme Court the legal right to create laws through its court decisions. This applies to all other types of courts, too. However, in postmodern America, many judges are using their courts to promote their personal will on the people of their jurisdiction. There are two recent examples. One happened in California and the other happened in Oklahoma. In California, the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals overturned California’s Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage, which was supported by a majority of the voters. In Oklahoma, a new amendment to the Oklahoma Constitution was approved by over 70 percent of the electorate. It would prohibit Islamic sharia law from being used to decide cases. But, a U.S. Federal District judge has blocked the amendment. As a result, judicial activism is overruling the dictates of the American people. Therefore, the Book of Revelation was correct when it stated, “for the time is at hand.”
3. United Nations: The leaders of America are given in to the demands of an international peace-keeping organization that consists of mostly socialistic and communistic nations. As a result, America is on the verge of losing its sovereignty through the farce of environmental treaties. The treaties basically gives the United Nations control of American territory. Also, the United States is joining in with the United Nations to take firearms away from Americans, to force Americans to say only positive things about Islamic believers, to mandate that homosexuality be accepted as the norm, to criminalize Christianity, and to place the U.S. military completely under the auspices of this corrupt, ungodly organization which is mainly supported by American taxpayers. But, America’s honorable and respectable politicians are selling America out as they look forward to a new world order and a one world government, as can be seen in the UN’s Agenda 21 Plan, which is basically to transform the United States and the world into a Marxist society at a cost of trillions of dollars raised through a taxpayer-funded global tax. In fact, the United Nations’ and its United States supporters have goals that are very reminiscent of Adolf Hitler’s goals for Germany and the world in the 1930s. Therefore, the Book of Revelation was correct when it stated, “for the time is at hand.”
4. Patriot Act: The Patriot Act was rushed hurriedly through Congress after the terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers in New York. Of course, the purpose of this congressional act was to hopefully insure that Americans would no longer encounter another terrorist attack of this magnitude in the United States. However, in order to protect national security, the government stressed the need to take away some of the civil rights of all Americans. But, why should Americans have to give up some of their rights and freedoms for peace and safety, unless there was a clandestine reason, such as turning America into a police state. According to Paul Craig Roberts in his October 8, 2005 article, he suggested that former President Bush had some less than honest motives for the Patriot Act. He said,
Police states are easier to acquire than Americans appreciate. The hysterical aftermath of September 11 has put into place the main components of a police state. Habeas corpus is the greatest protection Americans have against a police state. Habeas corpus ensures that Americans can only be detained by law. They must be charged with offenses, given access to attorneys, and brought to trial. Habeas corpus prevents the despotic practice of picking up a person and holding him indefinitely. President Bush claims the power to set aside habeas corpus and to dispense with warrants for arrest and with procedures that guarantee court appearance and trial without undue delay. Today in the US, the executive branch claims the power to arrest a citizen on its own initiative and hold the citizen indefinitely. Thus, Americans are no longer protected from arbitrary arrest and indefinite detention. These new "seize and hold" powers strip the accused of the protective aspects of law and give reign to selectivity and arbitrariness. No warrant is required for arrest, no charges have to be presented before a judge, and no case has to be put before a jury. As the police are unaccountable, whoever is selected for arrest is at the mercy of arbitrariness.
Therefore, the Book of Revelation was correct when it stated, “for the time is at hand.”
5. National Defense Authorization Act (2012): Within the NDAA, there is a section on Counter Terrorism, which has many Americans, including the ACLU, extremely worried. The reason is that it gives the President and the U.S. Military to much power to arrest people without just cause. According to Wikipedia,
The most controversial provisions to receive wide attention are contained in Title X, Subtitle D, entitled “Counter-Terrorism.” In particular, sub-sections 1021 and 1022, which deal with detention of persons the government suspects of involvement in terrorism, have generated controversy as to their legal meaning and their potential implications for abuse of Presidential authority. Although the White House and Senate sponsorsmaintain that the Authorization for Use of Military Force already grants presidential authority for indefinite detention, the Act states that Congress “affirms” this authority and makes specific provisions as to the exercise of that authority. The detention provisions of the Act have received critical attention by, among others, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and some media sources which are concerned about the scope of the President's authority, including contentions that those whom they claim may be held indefinitely could include U.S. citizens arrested on American soil, including arrests by members of the Armed Forces.
Therefore, the Book of Revelation was correct when it stated, “for the time is at hand.”
6. Nationalization of the National Guard: Basically, President Obama has taken the control of the National Guard out of the hands of many state governors and placed them under his control. At the same time, he has warned these same state governors not to “buff up” their state militias. It appears that President Obama is worried, for some unknown reason, that states might still have an armed military contingency to protect themselves from terrorist attacks or some type of federal government interference in their state government affairs. But, what could be President Obama’s real rationale for taking national guard troops out of the control of state governors? Possibly, everyone in the United States will find out what his real rationale for nationalizing National Guard troops is if he is elected for a second term as President. Prayerfully, Americans will not live to regret it. Therefore, the Book of Revelation was correct when it stated, “for the time is at hand.”
7. Lack of Border Protection: Since President Obama has nationalized the National Guard, there is absolutely no logical reason for America’s borders to be unprotected from immigrants who cross the borders illegally every day. Also, there is no logical reason for terrorists to cross these same borders without some kind of military intervention. But, it happens on a regular basis, even though everyone in the government is aware of it. However, why does the federal government permit it, since it is not a manpower issue? The federal government permits it because when these illegal immigrants are given amnesty in the very near future, those in power see a possible political bonanza. In other words, the Democratic Party could possible gain millions of votes that could turn America into a one party, socialistic system for many years to come. The government also permits it because the greedy corporate world that buys some politicians would make more profit if it did not have to pay its American workers such high wages. Hence, millions of illegal immigrants are permitted to cross America’s borders, while elected politicians close their eyes to the problem. As the old adage says, “don’t bite the hand of the person who feeds you.” Unfortunately, though, as already stated, terrorists and gang members who desire to kill Americans cross over these same borders, too. Therefore, the Book of Revelation was correct when it stated, “for the time is at hand.”
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Carl Parnell or search for articles on the same topic or others.
Excellent article. More Christians and church leaders/pastors need to understand this and warn their people.
I'm surprised at the number of professing Christians who voted for George Bush who is a member of the secret occult society Skull N Bones.
Now Obama carries the baton that Bush handed him. Not much difference between the two if you ask me.