Be a Better Writer -- ACTION/ADVENTURE

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee, mikeedwards, RedBaron, glorybee

TracePezzali
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Be a Better Writer -- ACTION/ADVENTURE

Post by TracePezzali »

Hi Helen,

Yes, I did post it. "First Encounter" about a sea monster of all things!

Jan, I previously asked about whether I can have more than one POV in a story, and you mentioned that if done right, it can be an acceptable option. Can you peruse "First Encounter" for me to let me know if King Valsery's POV works alright? I felt it absolutely necessary to explain that his years have been extended by the Dark Lord for a cost, he has plans to forge a dynasty, and that there is a Sorceress he seeks counsel from.

I'm very excited as I think this is the second chapter of a book I could write :superhappy So I need to get it right in my head at this stage, this POV business.

[url=http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49886] [First Encounter/url]

I'm not sure if I've linked this right... :roll:

Thank you for your help. :thankssign
Trace Pezzali

"It is written: 'I believed; therefore I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak... so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." 2 Cor 4:13-15
glorybee

Re: Be a Better Writer -- ACTION/ADVENTURE

Post by glorybee »

Trace, I didn't have any problems with the POV in that story. It's all firmy in Alup's POV. The only paragraph that might be considered to be in Valsery's POV is the seventh paragraph, and really only the last sentence of that paragraph. This statement (...a price the King was happy to pay) easily works as part of the narrative, and doesn't really hop into the head of that character in that moment.

You were very close to posting a linked title. The whole first bit in brackets is fine. Then type the title, but NOT in brackets. Then type [/url]. In other words, if you'd just moved the bracket in front of 'First' to in front of /url, it'd be perfect.
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer

Return to “Jan's Writing Basics”