To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Jan's Writing Basics #9--Writing on Topic

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, glorybee

CatLin
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Jan's Writing Basics #9--Writing on Topic

Postby CatLin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi Alma! I'm not Jan either, but I AM a fan of Jan. :) So glad you found her lessons! Dig in and don't be shy.
:welcome
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Alma wrote:Hi Jan,

I am a beginner and very happy that you do this. It is invaluable. Thank you.

Alma

Sorry to be late to greet you, Alma--I've been on vacation, and somehow your post slipped my notice. I'm glad you found your way here, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

j
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer

newmorningjll
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby newmorningjll » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi,
I decided to do the six month challenge and actually got my husband to agree and support me for Platinum membership. Yea! I want to do this to force myself to take the time to write and improve even when busy with child rearing and other responsibilities.

Anyways, I was reading through the posts here and found a lot of good advice to start a file on for keeping on topic. I think that is where I am lacking (just for starters). Great advice. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to reading more lessons as I embark on trying to improve my writing career.

I really liked the idea for letting my mom guess the topic instead of telling her what it is. She is the one that responds most to my writing each week.

Jennifer

shuwands@gmail.com
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby shuwands@gmail.com » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am

I am new with Faithwriters and enjoyed to two weekly challenges I have entered. I have been told that you are the best to learn from, in order to improve my writing ability. My question is, is it appropriate to use an emotional and personal experience, when it relates to the topic. :thankssign

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 am

shuwands@gmail.com wrote:I am new with Faithwriters and enjoyed to two weekly challenges I have entered. I have been told that you are the best to learn from, in order to improve my writing ability. My question is, is it appropriate to use an emotional and personal experience, when it relates to the topic. :thankssign

Absolutely!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer

Previous

Return to Jan's Writing Basics