Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

Shann

Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Post by Shann » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Please pray. I had my surgery this morning. Thing after thing seemed to go wrong. I was ready to walk out. I guess arthritis was pretty severe and rotator cuff damaged more than expected, and they couldn't get IV access. Because of allergies, they couldn't do nerve block, which keeps pain under control because I'm allergic, yet didn't want me to have pain med so I sobbed for 3 hours. I'm still miserable and have to leave in am, yet can't sleep,barely move, nor get pain relief. Dub, I pray you are faring better than I am! When I had my first baby vaginally, I stayed in hospital 3 full nights and went home on Day 4. When I had c-section for youngest 9 years later, I stayed 4 days. A C-section was considered major surgery. I stayed 5 days for son. Reverse Shoulder Replacement is major surgery as well, but even with complications 24 hours is more than enough. Of course that first week is when you are most likely to have serious complications, but we have to follow edict of insurance companies.

I don't mean to grumble too much, but am in so much pain. Please pray. For me and pray for wisdom in how to fix this mess.

I also pray for anyone who is hurting and afraid right now. May God grant you peace and understanding.

Thank you everyone. Hugs 💜💜💜💜💜
Last edited by Shann on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Post by deejay » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Can you use a TENS patch? That's an electrical stimulator that numbs pain. Dang, Shann, the stuff you have to endure! Praying!

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Unfortunately I can't because of my hyperaesthesia, nerve damage, and open sores. I had hopes for TENS back in the '80s when I first got sick, but because of my symptoms/side effects, it didn't work for me.

I did go home on Tuesday. I didn't feel ready, but because of everything going on, it was probably best to get out as quickly as possible. Now I have a fever of 102 and gained over 20 pounds since Monday before surgery. The docs are working on best ways to deal with that.

I am truly blessed though. Chris was able to take a whole week off from work to help me, Lyd is going to come over for a few days next week, and I managed to be eligible for home nursing and home PT. I'm so thankful I don't have to leave the house in all this pain.

Thank you for your prayers and concerns, Deejay. I can't even begin to tell you how much your words touched me, just when I really needed them too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:13 am

Praise God for the blessings you have received! Glad I was able to comfort you.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:27 pm

They sent me to ER last night, did a bunch of tests, but no answers and still have fever, unable to urinate or defecate. Still feel miseranle and still have fever, but the prayers and love of so many of you are pulling me ttugh. Thank you al so much
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Doing a bit better this week. I'm so grateful that I'm getting home care and home PT. I've been so wiped out, I can't imagine having to go out of house the way I feel right now. This has been such a blessing.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:09 am

Glad to hear you're improving! Praise God!

Return to “Prayer Requests”