To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pray for the Beilbys

Share your prayer requests here. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -Mark 11:24

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Pray for the Beilbys

Postby deejay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Chris and Lana Beilby are in the same shelter as me, though they're in the pet owner's section and I'm in women's.
Two months ago, Chris got angry over a remark someone made about their cat, Nimitz, and was told to take a walk to cool down. He walked out without his cane or shoes, and no sooner did he get out front he tripped and fell, breaking his hip. He's been in a succession of nursing homes and rehab centers. He's currently in Anaheim.
This is taking a huge emotional toll on his wife Lana. She got their housing voucher recently, but needs Chris' help in finding a place to live that will accept it. Chris has a bad leg on top of everything.
I don't know if he's diabetic or not, but he recently got a bad sore on his arm and it doesn't seem to be healing well.
Please pray for Chris to heal rapidly so he can return to Lana, Nimitz and the shelter, and peace overwhelming for Lana. And pray they get the perfect place to live.

RedBaron

Re: Pray for the Beilbys

Postby RedBaron » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Prayers :(.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Lana says Chris is making slow but steady progress, and she seems to be more upbeat.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 pm

deejay wrote:Lana says Chris is making slow but steady progress, and she seems to be more upbeat.

That's good to hear!
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Spoke to Lana this morning. Chris is currently staying with friends who just got their own place; however, because Chris is diabetic--and is having some stomach problems related to that--plus he's in a wheelchair and leg braces, he won't be returning to The Courtyards, because Lana can't provide him with the care he needs. So it's on Lana to find a place that is wheelchair accessible, allows pets, and is affordable. They can have Nimitz stay with her in-laws if necessary, but she plans to put in that Nimitz is a comfort pet and thus ADA-compliant. So pray for Lana to find just the right place for her, Chris and Nimitz. Maybe even a caretaker to help Lana with Chris' needs.

Return to Prayer Requests