Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Rebecky » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:24 am

Hmm... well.

I probably won't be around much anymore anyway. I'll miss the "old" Rest-stop.
Dum Spiro Spero

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:29 am

A bit sad to see the PC Rest Stop torn down. :(
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Guys, it's not being torn down. It's just being moved. Please don't misunderstand. I'm not deleting the Pacific Coast Rest-Stop or the Southern Porch. They are just moving to the Water Cooler. In closing the neighborhoods, I'm being very careful NOT to delete any of these threads. Not because they do anything for FaithWriters, but purely because I know they mean so much to the people who participate in them.

Nothing for you will change at all. I just wanted to make sure you all knew ahead of time so you didn't get a shock when you came to the boards and couldn't see your favorite thread in the usual spot.

I've just posted about this in the Southern Porch because of someone's apparent misunderstanding of what this move means. These groups have always been open to everyone, and if they ever became closed groups we would have to delete them. That's not the spirit of FaithWriters. So the move shouldn't impact you at all, other than possibly bring some new friends to the rest-stop. That can't be a problem.

Love, De
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Nobody leave, k????????

It's just moving from the USA forum. Since we're not really limited to USA people anyways, it doesn't really matter where it is other than it's still the same stop. On the Pacific Coast. To rest.

It's another gorgeous day and my hubby is working. And I have more dishes but no desire to wash them. I want to go hiking in the mountains but it's probably not a good idea to go alone. So I'll probably take a drive down the coast or something.

Hope the weekend is nice for all y'all as well.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm

It's not easy to embrace changes. I remember being nervous about posting on here but love being the oddball. But it was shortly after the men's only thread and we females were told politely to stay out. Then shortly after that I was invited by Holly to pop in here and remember feeling nervous that I didn't belong anywhere. I probably would have left FW had it not been for the encouragement of my little family here. But like Becky said, I miss the old one too not because I don't dearly love Jay, Kate, Marina, Cynthia who are newer members but still people I love dearly but more because I miss Holy, Barb, Tiara, Shelley, Ivy, Kara (though she is in states so hopefully will return soon) and Seema (I know she is oft in background so I still feel connected) and Tim. Even Jay hasn't been around as much and Patty stepped away from FW and FB so I miss her too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:51 pm

I think it'll be great to have the boards condensed. They'll look a lot more active and that will make them become even more active, since people will come back more often to see what's happening. :) Plus it'll be easier to find stuff. We'll still have our happy little group, too!

I have a cold. In the summer. :( Not fair. Haven't even been able to sleep too much either, cuz I have stuff going. But it'll calm down soon and then I'll have most of the summer to rest.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 am

Just popping in very quickly to make sure we don't miss anyone. We realize some Pacific Coast Rest-Stoppers don't always see what's happening in FaithWriters generally, and some things may actually apply to you (if not now, maybe soon).

The most important thing now is that the first of the re-branded Challenge books is in production. I'm in the process of finding all the authors, so as I don't know who regularly spends time here, I thought I'd best point you in the direction of the thread about this:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... 58&t=35214

If you are on the list, or know anyone on the list who hasn't responded (the second updated list of names is on page 3), please either let me know if you haven't received a release form from me (in the last few weeks) or help by contacting anyone you know who is still on the list.

Thanks so much.

Love, Deb
Deb

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:00 am

Oh ... and I already know about Amy, so no one needs to chase her (PUP ... stop chasing Amy!).

:lol:

Get well soon, Amy!

Love, Deb
Deb

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:11 am

Thanks Deb, for the clarification. Yes, Shann change is hard, I remember a sermon on it, well I don't remember the sermon but I remember preaching on it, :lol:
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:21 am

Kalnozoli Kate wrote:Thanks Deb, for the clarification. Yes, Shann change is hard, I remember a sermon on it, well I don't remember the sermon but I remember preaching on it, :lol:
Kate, I think a lot of us relate to that. :lol:

Love, Deb
Deb

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:39 am

I am not chasing Amy... I don't even KNOW an AMY. There is a little Sparrow bird that flutters around here now and then, but I just wait and watch... I don't chase. I am too old for that. :roll:

And Deb, we all know you are just doing this to mess with our heads, but dont worry, it doesn't take that much.

I mean... ummmm... never mind. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 am

JesusPuppy wrote: And Deb, we all know you are just doing this to mess with our heads, but dont worry, it doesn't take that much.

I mean... ummmm... never mind. :mrgreen:
for you maybe ... :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

violin4jesus wrote:Pup, you need to get your labs checked....
I don't have any labs, what do you take me for a scientist? :roll:

You know... I think it would be cool to be able to move neighborhoods around as easy. I use to live in this way cool apartment house.. with a pool on the middle of one big three story complex. It was built on a river and had shops on the water front... way cool coffee shop with deck seating. I was just thinking how cool that place would have been in Hawaii, or maybe in the Redwoods, instead of Denver where the snow in the winter made it hard to use the pool. :roll:

Oh and one more thing..

:tongue

You know who it is for.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

cdawson41
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by cdawson41 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:16 pm

My mom and daughter are so awesome. They let me take a little nap today while they washed up the few dirty dishes and did a little tidy up on the kitchen. Then when I got up we all worked on canning some peaches and green beans. It doesn't sound like much but every jar means another one I don't have to buy from the store. You know the ones that have ingredients with names so long you can't say them. :D We got 6 quarts of Peaches and 3 quarts of Green Beans done. The peaches we got from a man close by who has an orchard. So now I know that about 15 lbs of peaches makes 6 quarts and the green beans were from our very own garden.
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Profile Page FaithWriters
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=58736

My Web/Blog Page
http://cynthiad.weebly.com

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:49 pm

JesusPuppy wrote: :tongue

You know who it is for.
Poor Shann, she hasn't even posted in a little while. How could you be so mean pup?! :wink: :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”