To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby deejay » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm

I just saw an article that says the 13th Doctor on Doctor Who will be a woman. What do you think of that, Pup?

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:05 pm

It has been shown in other shows that it IS possible, and yes BBC is rather odd, so it could happen. I am not sure how I will take it until it happens, and we see how well she does as the Doctor. As for it beeing the 13th Doctor... nope 14th.

Time Lords can only regenerate 12 times, according to the original shows. The last "regen" was a special show where the TimeLord's, lost in a pocket universe, gave the last Doctor, played at the time by Matt Smith, a NEW regeneration cycle, allowing him another 12.

As for it being a female, there is no ruling against such things happenning, though I personally feel it would be rather hard for them to find an actress good enough to carry it off. Jodie Whittaker, BBC's chosen actress to be the next Doctor, is a good choice, but we will have to wait and see how she does.
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 pm

We're you speaking English? Teehee maybe some day I'll watch it :mrgreen: but don't hold your breath
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:39 pm

In order of showing...

1. William Hartnell
2. Patrick Troughton
3. Jon Pertwee
4. Tom Baker
5. Peter Davison
6. Colin Baker
7. Sylvester McCoy
8. Paul McGann
9. John Hurt
10. Christopher Eccleston
11. David Tennant
12. Mat Smith
13. Peter Capaldi

See, that makes 13, how BBC could get the number wrong....? :roll: I guess they aren't fans. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Huh, could've sworn the article said 13th. Maybe they decided to ignore the 12 regenerations limit. You know how TV and movies like to mess around with stuff they get from books. Like back about 1968, I read the book "Blackbeard's Ghost", then we went to see the movie. Totally different.

But wasn't there a time when a female companion of the Doctor gave him her regenerations? I think it was the 10th Doctor--I'm remembering what I read last year. Of course, there's always the factor of fans demanding the series continue. Like "Call the Midwife", was derived from the 4 books by Jennifer Lee (forgot her married name), and now they've gone beyond the books.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Yep. His wife, River Song. The child of two of his companions, "The Ponds." She did so because she had poisoned him while trying to kill Hitler. :book2

The child, Melody Pond, was stolen before she was born and raised as a psychopath to kill the Doctor at a future date while wearing a space suit from the late 60's, but he killed himself instead, while wearing a robot ship that looked like him so as to fool everyone in to thinking he was really dead. She later married him to save the universe, then got killed the first time they met, and uploaded to a library computer by the Doctor so he could save her.

See Shann, perfect sense. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:08 am

Still speaking English I presume?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:06 pm

*Sigh*

While eating dinner last night, I broke a front tooth that had a piece missing from one side for awhile. Now I'll have to call my dentist, who doesn't take Denti-Cal, and hopefully we can work out a payment plan. I've forgotten how long it's been since I last saw him, but while Mom was still alive, the dentist who put in her dental implants said she could go to a regular dentist. He remembers me, though; at the time I was unemployed, and he asked Mom when I would be coming in. Mom said as soon as I get a job. But my church only pays insurance for full-time staff, which is the pastors. He's really nice, though; I don't know if he's a Christian or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:16 pm

You know how if you read something one way it seems to sound wrong.

my church only pays insurance for full-time staff, which is the pastors. He's really nice, though; I don't know if he's a Christian or not

Read that a few times before I realized she wasn't talking about her pastor. :roll:

Sorry I need sleep. I have cut back to one cup of coffee a day, and no, it is not the size of a swimming pool. insomnia is playing up, AND the kiddos are gone, for whole 3 weeks. :shock:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Teehee Pup. Anything is possible, especially with Deejay! :mrgreen:

I bet your insomnia is due to missing the kiddos! Glad to hear you're cutting back on caffeine... Now if I could only get you to see a doctor! Don't worry I'm not holding my breath.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:31 pm

It's been a week and still haven't heard back from the dentist's office. With my luck, they probably think I'm spamming them. He only works Mon.-Thurs., so I guess I may as well make sure the phone is fully charged, pray I don't call during lunch or after the office closes, and call. ("Hey, remember me?")

Rumor has it that they're going to replace the cots with bunk beds. Well, if they do that, money pit or not, they're going to have to put in more bathrooms. And get another shower trailer. They finally replaced the burned-out fluorescent tubes in the ladies' room above the stalls. Only took them three months after I originally asked, and then I had to remind them.

I am so ready to get out of this shelter. It's torture going into grocery stores and seeing food I would love to eat but have no cooking facilities for. My friend C.J. introduced me to her blueshirt (social worker) a couple months ago, and he basically tried to get me to commit fraud to get an apartment. What he wanted me to do is get diagnosed as being on the autism scale, so I would qualify for a handicap apartment. Just have to go to a shrink for 4 months. I said I'd think about it. And boy, have I. Ain't doin' it. They can just put me on the elderly list. But since I had so much trouble trying to get the required paperwork in order--haven't been able to get my birth certificate, proof I spent time at WISE Place, or the final notice on my food stamps, in life I've learned that means God doesn't want me to do this. If this guy gets caught for fraud, I don't want to get caught in the net. And since the last time I was "diagnosed" as being learning disabled when I wasn't, led to my present circumstances, that is so not happening again. But sure wish God would hurry up and put me somewhere else.

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Went to my appointment at the research center this morning, and when they did the finger stick to check my blood levels, my LDL and triglycerides were up a bit. They were about to put me on something to correct it, but then they found a study that I might qualify for. I have to wear a Holster monitor for 24 hours, so I have to go back tomorrow to return it. I have electrodes running from my waist to my chest. If the results of the blood and urine tests they also did come out right, along with the results from this monitor, the next step is an MRI of my liver. Then, I could be in a new study. They will pay me for today and tomorrow's visits. If I go through the full study, I will get a total of $1275. Will keep you posted.

Last Sunday, we didn't have our usual service; just prayer and praise. Pastor Terry said there's some people who have been waiting for things from God that He has promised, and asked those people to stand. Others were to gather around them and pray for them. I stood because I'm still waiting for the place God told me about 32 years ago, and plus I mentioned to my pastor's mother-in-law (Pastor Brian's, that is) that I need to learn to drive in order to get there, she said her husband teaches people to drive. We had lunch out together, and she told her husband about this, and he said sure, get your learner's permit and we can do it. I think that's from God!

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:57 am

I can't believe 27 years ago, I was preparing to gp to hospital to have a scheduled C-section. I was a wreck, but oh boy was that little boy a handful {still is at times! :mrgreen:}, but so worth it. I love him so much and not only am I proud of him, I'm often humbled by him. He is such an incredible man.

He had some fairly significant learning disorders and speech problems. There were times we wondered if he would be able to finish HS because taking tests was hard for him. We fought and fought to get him serviced, but we weren't very successful. We were told he was too well-behaved. If he had acted out, then they'd pay for testing and services. I remember telling them I could instruct him to start misbehaving if that was the only way to get him help. He did graduate, went on to a private college and swam on a D1 swim team (a dream since 8th grade) After receiving his Bachelor's in Religious Studies, he applied to the ever elusive Duke. And was accepted and ended up graduating with over a 3.3 average

I did share all this just to brag, but to make a point. He hustled, worked his butt off, was on the swim team, and was offered a job at Duke. After getting engaged, he knew he'd need to follow Kelly so he applied and had places hunting for him and will start at a UMC college in Birmingham. He could have given up, said it was God's will, blamed his problems in everyone else, but he didn't. Instead, he saw God's fingerprints all over this situation leading, guiding, and at times picking him up. Just because you have learning problems doesn't mean you're not worthy. He's hoping to go back and get his PhD.

M struggled in school too and now she has her Master's and works as a high risk family counselor. It wasn't easy at all, but they had what they needed: faith in God, but also what can be way harder for some: faith in herself.

Neither one made excuses or tried to bail. Both firmly believed God would provide and he certainly did just that and more.

I believe that Deejay is capable if that too. It's hard to break 40 years of habits, but know God believes in you. Think about how awesome that is. The God of Gods: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit believes in you. You just need to listen to him and to those offering you suggestions, be grateful for everything you have, expect nothing from strangers and jump in with both feet. Maybe go back to college (it's never too late.) Find a mission trip (it doesn't have to be in a different country, there are all kinds of projects in the states, apply for a camp position, volunteer somewhere. Share your beautiful soul with others. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord! And remember we love you too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Got some new pictures of my grandniece Shelby for my birthday from my younger sister. She says Shelby will be a big sister in early December to a boy! I HAVE A GRANDNEPHEW ON THE WAY!!!! :superhappy

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:49 am

Wooohooooo for nieces and nephews, specially the baby ones that haven't been warped by the world's veiw of things.

DJ, I agree with Shann, cling to your faith in God's blessings to come, but maybe check into what these people are saying. If you get tested and it shows you have no problems, great. If they test and it shows a slight one, they can work with it and make you better for it, and the financial help along they way can't hurt. Keep plugging along to the END RESULT that God has for you, and we will keep praying God's glory be shown. Amen.

Had a bad week this, but blessed today. Last sunday I had a BAD sneezing fit, then woke up monday with sinus infection... my whole face was swollen like a grapefruit on one side. Thru the week I had to work with that, no real pain, unless I bent over too much. Ever try to pump gas in a can without bending over? :? Did the Allergy-Sinus spray thing, and seemed to make things worse.

Today.. the Kids were back from summer camp (though gone again next week for "family" camping). We had pizza, and cake (it was their mom's B-day yesterday), reset Slug's tablet so she got her games back on (deleted last month when mom tried setting up her email account, which also got set up today), AND the swelling left compleatly. No pain, just drain, and a good, I mean GREAT day with the kiddos. A trully blessed day.

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler