To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Permission Request from NKJV, etc.

If you're a non-fiction writer (other than inspirational articles and devotionals) this is the place for you.

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

applesofgold
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Permission Request from NKJV, etc.

Postby applesofgold » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi- how long a quote from a book do we use before we are required to request permission?? what is process how do we ask permission from publishers e.g., Tyndale for NIV, etc. to quote from their version of the Bible? How long for their reply? who- just go to their website? I have seen a lot of books on copyright page saying permission from Tyndale, etc. for this or that bible version. Do we ask during the writing process? 3 months before publication, etc.?

glorybee

Re: Permission Request from NKJV, etc.

Postby glorybee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Each version has their own criteria for citation, but it's not something you have to apply for. Just google "[version of scripture] permission statement" and you'll find the statement that each publisher requires for you to put in your work, along with where it should go and how much of the work you're permitted to use.
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer

Return to Non-Fiction Forum