To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Tate Publishing - Closed for Business

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, beaedwards, cori67, itsjoanne, Sparrow

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Tate Publishing - Closed for Business

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:12 pm

I posted this in the Forewarned is Forearmed forum, but felt I should post it again here.

This was not unexpected, but it is now official. Tate Publishing has ceased trading:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-t ... doors.html

This was inevitable. The company had so much bad press (you can only rip off customers for so long before the bad reports outweigh the positive). My only hope is that they will not pop up under another name and do the same thing all over again.

My heart has always broken for the people who have signed with Tate. I've seen way too many of their books to know they are not well edited or produced. This company has preyed on the dreams of new writers, and that makes me angry.

However, now my heart is breaking for those who have lost their money and their books in this closure. If you are a Tate published author, please consider talking to me about self publishing your book--and I mean that in the literal sense (not through a subsidy publisher). Let me help you take back your baby and make it really shine.

As well as Breath of Fresh Air Press, I also run Finesse Writing and Editing Service, which is now a bespoke book shepherding service. You can either send me a message here through the forums, or contact me via either of my two websites:

http://www.breathoffreshairpress.com/

http://www.finessewriting.com.au/index.html

This should not mean the end of your dream.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Sibermom65
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Tate Publishing - Closed for Business

Postby Sibermom65 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:34 pm

What is a bespoke book shepherding service?

Deb Porter

Re: Tate Publishing - Closed for Business

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:50 pm

We provide only the services the author requires to help them publish their book. Bespoke, in this instance, means tailored to the client's needs.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to Open Forum - General Writing Discussion