To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Time Stewardship for Christian Writers

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, beaedwards, cori67, itsjoanne, Sparrow

brezybaby3
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: Time Stewardship for Christian Writers

Postby brezybaby3 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:52 am

lookinup wrote:
Yeah, I miss everyone too. I'm in real estate. Spent the first quarter of 2017, studying for my test, the 2nd quarter trying to support grown up kids in crisis, and now I'm actively selling houses.

Am horrible at keeping to my goals of writing. Breezy, you are setting the trend. I would like to hear more about the books, and your upcoming wedding...so sorry to be away so long. I caught that the Lord healed you.
This is a new chapter in your life, being free of this. . It is amazing and daunting when He does this.

Hey everyone, is anyone else picking up on these? We have a wedding here to help celebrate with our sister. Thanks so much for not giving up!

Thanks so much. If it hadn't been for this group spurring me on I would not be where I am today. The wedding is this Sat, July 8. My fiance is freaking out because two of the groomsmen backed out and he doesn't have anyone else to ask. I'm thinking of asking my Maid of honor to step down and we'll just have my kids stand up with us. t's not about who stands up with us, its about the covenant we are making with God and each other.

My first book I published is a realistic fiction. I've had a hard time pinning down exactly how to describe it, and then I realized it's the "prequel"? to this series which os planned for 8 books. Its a love story, until the MC mom comes back from the dead 23 years after she disappeared.

My second book is a devotional on divorce, my publisher, who is a pastor, says it'sscares me so much. It o be big and that going tmeans that I will probably get calls to speak. But I'm walking into it and trusting God to heal me because i'm at the point I can sit comfortable for 30 minutes and can stand 10, and walk 20 min when shopping. I want a new body.

My current WIP is almost done, I have about 5000 words to go, and I just wrote the MC's death scene. I'm not always faithful to my goal of writing everyday, things have crazy the last two weeks. But sometimes God wakes me early and I can write 500 words or so. My goal until june 5th is 1000 a week. That is what I need to get this book done. It is the first in a series of 3.
Blessings,
Brenda :)

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm so proud of you. Do you have either of your books listed in the free read for reviews? I'd be delighted to give you an honest review on Amazon or wherever if you want to send me an ebook.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sibermom65
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby Sibermom65 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:26 pm

We just returned home from a 5 week road trip with our new-to-us travel trailer. We took in the weeding of a cousin's daughter, the baptism of our newest grandson, our 50th year HS reunion, a couple of national parks, and of course lots of visiting with family and friends. One of the visits was meeting with the illustrator of my book Me, Ruby, and God which God willing, will be printed next week.
That's a big if, it seems; so much has fallen apart and created unexpected delays. My mantra has become "All in god's time." So far He has made it clear it's not His time yet. I had intended to have the book printed and have copies with me on the trip, maybe even doing some book signings along the way, but that didn't happen. First the cover wasn't done to specs and the designer had to redo it. Then the formatter made some glaring errors and that had to be redone - once I had a decent internet connection on the road, and downloaded Chrome because IE wouldn't work with Ingram Spark's files. Now I still have to review the revised interior proof. If it's good this time around, printing can begin. Please God, is it your time yet?

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby deejay » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Weeding? Oh, you meant wedding! :oops:

It's hard waiting on God's timing; in 1985, He promised I'd live in the Antelope Valley , and here I am, in a homeless shelter in Santa Ana. So I know how tough it is.
But maybe there's a certain person--like a Saul of Tarsus, fated to become the Apostle Paul--in your future readership. Maybe right now they aren't ready for your book's message, but when it does come out, it'll hit them like the light hit Saul and knocked him flat, preparing him to spread the Gospel he once tried to destroy. Try to think of it that way; you may be surprised to see that person in Heaven one day, and they will thank you for your book. God can use anything to bring people to Him!

Sibermom65
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby Sibermom65 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Still not God's time. I checked the revision and it still has serious problems, some of which the formatter says she cannot/will not fix.
In the meantime, I've joined Camp NaNoWriMo and I've begun working on my next book. I'm nowhere close to making my goal, but I am getting back in the habit of writing, not just editing, marketing, and all the other details that come with a "finished" book.

brezybaby3
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby brezybaby3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks Shann. It is not free. But only 2.99 on Amazon. I just sent the second round of line edits to my editor today on my divorce devotional. I'm so excited for it to come out. Looking like a Sept. publish date.

Ive been very ill the last couple weeks. Today the fibro is so bad I can barely get out of bed.

The wedding was wonderful. The marriage? Not so much yet since we still live 100 miles apart and only get weekends together. We haven't been able to find housing.

Im having abdominal surgery August 7 to find out what is causing the abdominal pain.

Praying for all of you!
Blessings,

Sibermom65
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby Sibermom65 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:23 pm

I finished the month of July by meeting my Camp NaNoWriMo goal. I had to reduce it from 10,000 words to just 5,000, but that's 5,000 words I didn't have earlier. Plus I had to spend a lot of my writing time revising my plot and character development as I found a lot of "Plot Holes" that had to be fixed. It was my first experience with NaNoWriMo and I can say it was really good for me. The certificate they have you print off to say congratulations, you met your goal, is perhaps silly, but I may frame it and hang it in my studio-to-be to remind myself that I am a writer and I can be productive.
I believe the summer camp experience is different from the other sessions, but I still want to plan on participating I the November challenge.

brezybaby3
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby brezybaby3 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Way to go Sibermom! I have participated in Novemeber twice, once in April and once in July. Never managed to finish. Once of these days I will. Be proud of that certificate. It says a lot.

Well, I managed to finish the first draft of my current WIP, my third book for the year, last night and letting it sit for a couple weeks. Today my publisher called and my devotional has been sent off to the printers. It will be available soon.

I'm so excited to see what only God can do. :superhappy
Blessings,

Sibermom65
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby Sibermom65 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 pm

time has been flying by, but my writing is at a slow crawl. Oh, I've made a lot of progress, don't get me wrong. but now that my book "Me, Ruby, and Go" is actually available and my paperwork is all in order to sell it, I'm finding marketing is eating up a whole bunch of what was previously my writing time! I have 3 book promotion events scheduled, and two more in the works. I'm mailing out copies to those who helped me and gave endorsements, as well as to family. I'm starting to get orders as well as making sales on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. What I have been slow with is getting the researching done in preparation for NaNoWriMo in November. But I am prepared to make serious progress on my next book come November. It's an exciting journey. I learned so much about the basics of writing and publishing with my Ruby book. this next one will be an MG fiction, I believe they call the category historical fiction, since it will have a historical base. The trick will be to keep the Christian underpinnings I want it to have.

Previous

Return to Open Forum - General Writing Discussion